Global Social Responsibility Plan in the municipalities of Teruel and Castellón
In connection with the construction of the Mezquita-Morella and Mudéjar-Morella power lines, Red Eléctrica designed in 2015 a specific Social Responsibility Plan for the 22 municipalities of Teruel and Castellón through which these power lines run.
This plan encompasses a set of initiatives of a social, cultural and environmental nature with the aim of creating value in the municipalities involved in the project, through the implementation of concrete plans during 2015 and 2016.
The definition of the actions that make up the Plan were carried out through a joint evaluation process of proposals in each of the municipalities, based on criteria for the creation of value for society, the environment and local heritage.
Specific plan of actions broken down by municipality
- Andorra: provision of children’s playground equipment for a municipal park.
- Alcorisa: delivery van for the local council and for use in the social fabric of the municipality.
- Alcañiz: provision of resources for a municipal children’s playground.
- Jarque Mosque: refurbishment of a children’s playground
- Cuevas de Almudén: equipment in a recreational area in the surrounding area of the San Just chapel
- Jarque de la Val: adaptation of the hiking path ‘Fuente de la Salud’ as well as posting of informative signage.
- Aliaga: provision of resources for a municipal children’s playground.
- La Zoma: provision of furniture and IT equipment for the municipal social centre.
- Ejulve: reforestation by planting truffle oaks in an area damaged by a fire.
- Molinos: provision of resources for a wall climbing facility.
- Castellote: adaptation of the area of a drinking trough to convert it into a leisure area.
- Seno: provision of equipment and improvement of the access paths to the swimming pools.
- La Ginebrosa: vehicle adapted for transport at the care home for the elderly.
- Más de las Matas: improvement of the environment around the Santa Flora chapel.
- Aguaviva: provision of furniture for the game and leisure room of the multipurpose social building.
- Parras de Castellote: adaptation of parks for the elderly in the municipality.
- Zorita del Maestrazgo: provision of equipment for a children’s playground and for the elderly.
- Palanques: adaptation of the municipal swimming pool facilities.
- Villores: remodelling of the municipal multipurpose social centre.
- Todolella: installation of a healthy fitness park.
- Forcall: provision of equipment to a care home for the elderly.
- Morella: installation of a new multipurpose room in the Jaume I Sports and Leisure Centre.
'Travelogue through the regions of Teruel and Castellón'
Additionally, Red Eléctrica published a special travelogue (Cuadernos de viaje por tierras de Teruel y Castellón) through the 22 municipalities in Teruel and Castellón through which these lines run. Throughout the pages of this publication, the reader discovers the historical and natural wealth, as well as the heritage and traditions, of these regions.
The publication covers a wide range of towns and villages distributed between the northeast of the province of Teruel and the northern end of the province of Castellón, including also municipalities in the regions of Cuencas Mineras and Maestrazgo in Teruel, those of Bajo Aragón and Andorra-Sierra de Arcos, as well as that of Els Ports in Castellón.
The travelogue provides original illustrations, including notes, drawings and watercolours, made specifically for this edition, along with more than one hundred photographs.