Redeia supports the sustainable development of its supply chain as an essential part of its commitment to sustainability. We runs free training programmes given by experts in different subjects, such as ethics in the supply chain, carbon footprints, risk management in the supply chain, cyber-security, etc.
Meeting on the Network Development Plan 2021-2026
We realize a meeting in which we discuss with our suppliers how about this plan impacts the most strategic supplies for our company and we anticipate what challenges we face.
The meeting is available only in Spanish but you can review the presentation.
Collaboration programme for the reduction of the carbon footprint in the supply chain
Redeia, in its commitment to the fight against climate change, has implemented a collaboration programme with its suppliers aimed at achieving progress in the following aspects:
- Calculation and verification of their emissions.
- Implementation of SBTi reduction targets.
- Direct reporting of information adjusted to the supplies they provide.
- Reduction of their emissions and therefore of the scope 3 emissions of the Group.
This programme, which was developed between 2019 and 2021, has allowed us to directly involve a total of 20 suppliers in the commitments acquired by the company, to integrate direct information in the calculation of Scope 3 emissions and to establish ambitious commitments for the reduction of Scope 3 emissions. We would like to thank all of them for their collaboration and for all the work done over the past 2 years.
We want to specifically mention the following supplier companies that have made substantial progress in quantifying their emissions and setting reduction targets.
The objectives of the company also include the goal of ensuring that suppliers responsible for 2/3 of the emissions of the supply chain have approved science-based targets (SBTi) by 2024.
For this reason, we would also like to highlight those suppliers that have participated in the programme and are aligned with this goal, either because they have approved SBTi or because they have committed to establish them.
The second phase of this programme will take place in 2022, with the aim of continuing to involve suppliers in the commitment of the company, obtaining real information on their emissions, determining their degree of maturity, and defining targets for reducing emissions associated with the supply chain.
If you are interested in the programme and would like to obtain more information, please email us at ASA@ree.es stating "Carbon footprint reduction collaboration programme" in the title.
Recognised by CDP on the Supply Engagement Leaderboard 2021
The Group has been included by CDP in the Supply Engagement Leaderboard 2021, which recognises our performance in translating our commitment to climate action into the supply chain. For the Group, extending this commitment and making progress with our suppliers is essential to achieving reductions in emissions and reaching the global goal of limiting the temperature increase to 1.5 °C.
We have launched a number of initiatives to make progress together, including the collaboration programme for the reduction of the carbon footprint in the supply chain. In its first phase, running from 2019 to 2021, 20 suppliers have joined us, and we thank them for their collaboration.
In December 2021, we announced new emissions reduction targets, which for the first time incorporate commitments linked directly to the supply chain:
- 55% reduction in Scope 1+2 emissions by 2030 (compared to 2019).
- 28% reduction in Scope 3 emissions by 2030 (compared to 2019).
- To achieve that suppliers responsible for 2/3 of the emissions in the supply chain of the company have approved science-based targets (SBTi) by 2024.
Main training programmes
The company has introduced the following training programmes in collaboration with the Spanish Network of the United Nations Global Compact:
- Human Rights (2021): We worked on a programme that addressed the main aspects of Human Rights management (Policies, indicators, key resources, etc.).
- Diversity (2020): The goal of this programme is to help suppliers include a culture of diversity and zero tolerance for any kind of aggression or harassment, achieving real equal opportunities for all people in the context of the Agenda 2030, allowing us also to transfer to our supply chain Red Eléctrica Group’s vision, principles and approach on diversity.
After completing this course, the suppliers will understand better the barriers faced by these groups and how to manage equality and diversity in their organizations.
A total of 508 users from 233 companies have benefited from this initiative, whose average mark for overall satisfaction was 9 points (out of 10).
- The Fight against Corruption (2019): More than 250 users from over 180 companies completed this course. Our goal was to teach suppliers about concepts related with the fight against corruption and help them to understand better how it affects their companies. The average score for the course was 9 points (out of 10).
Fight against climate change
The Group is committed to the fight against climate change and continues to work with suppliers to reduce their carbon footprint. In this sense, we are continuing to work on our collaboration programme for suppliers implemented last year to reduce emissions in order to:
- Involve our suppliers in the company’s commitments.
- Obtain real information from our suppliers and include it in the company’s calculation of its emissions.
- Determine the maturity of the supply chain in this area.
- Define goals for reducing emissions associated with the supply chain.
Other training programmes
In 2020, suppliers have taken part in monograph sessions (webinars) on the role of cyber-security in business continuity, COVID-19 and interruptions in the supply chain, the importance of sustainability in the supply chain, ethical and responsible purchasing management, etc. In this way, suppliers are now more aware of these issues, can share their best practices and success stories, and answer their queries in real time.