We have a Forestry Management Policy that sets out the criteria for working in this field and the objectives to be achieved in the coming years.
- We design the safety corridor of new facilities so as to meet the safety clearance distances between vegetation and facilities that are established in the legislation in force.
- We perform vegetation studies using data obtained from LIDAR flights (Light Detection and Ranging).
- Annually we conduct inspections of all our facilities using different methodologies: on foot, aerial, LIDAR flights.
- We carry out periodic tree surgery (felling and pruning) in the proximity of all our facilities to ensure compliance with the safety clearance distance, reducing fire risk to the maximum.
- We cooperate with public administrations. We sign collaboration agreements with the relevant administrations to develop measures and strategies for forest fire fighting and prevention.
- More information in Map of projects
Training and raising awareness
- We hold roundtable sessions with forestry agents, members of SEPRONA and environmental technicians of the public administrations regarding electricity facilities and forest fire fighting and prevention.
More information in Map of projects.